Senior Architect - Higher Education
INVISION is looking for a senior architect with a focus and passion for higher education. This individual will be integral to our higher education team, push the parameters of architectural design, help guide projects and project teams. You will work closely with our higher education team leaders as we drive growth. Your focus will be the leadership of clients and design team from conceptual design through execution. INVISION is design and client focused, we believe in enriching lives through architecture.
Competencies, skills and abilities
- Be passionate about higher education design and architecture
- Provide support in the pursuit of Higher Education project acquisitions (e.g. proposals, interviews, and marketing)
- Be friendly, optimistic, and a dedicated team player
- Excel in verbal and digital communication
- Mentor through direction and leadership to individual design team members
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Lead educational institution staff, professors, and students through the design process while balancing facility requirements, standards, and end-user needs
- Provide design and sustainability guidance to Owner and internal team
- 12+ years of experience in an architecture design firm
- Architectural License is required
- Demonstrate passion for design thinking
- Demonstrate expertise exploring and integrating sustainable design strategies
- Commitment to creative user engagement, and design for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a knowledge base reflective of the broad programmatic aspects of the Higher Education market
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D modeling and documentation tools including Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- General knowledge of the total project process including team management, schedule, and budget
INVISION is a progressive and award-winning 70+ person, planning, architecture, and interior design firm with two offices in Iowa – Des Moines and Waterloo. We are large enough to work on almost any project type but small enough to give our staff the opportunity to become involved in projects from concept through construction. We are state, regional, and national design awards recipients which speak to the quality of work at INVISION. We are conscientious toward sustainable design and work hard to understand how design impacts the places we touch. We work in a collaborative studio environment that embraces flexibility, communication, opportunity, creativity, fun and smart thinking. We know that it is INVISION’s culture that is our key differentiator and encourages the spirit from which great architecture and architects are made.
Contact us to learn more and to schedule a virtual or in-person studio tour and conversation on this opportunity.
INVISION is an equal opportunity employer.
Upload and submit your information below.
If you have questions, contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org.