Senior K-12 Architect - Iowa City
INVISION is looking for a senior architect with a focus and passion for K‑12 architecture, specifically in the Iowa City area. This individual will be integral to our K‑12 market team, push the parameters of architectural design, engage in a community-driven process, and help guide projects and project teams. You will work closely with the partner-in-charge and market leader as we drive for growth. Your focus will be the leadership of clients and design team from conceptual design through execution. INVISION is design and client focused, we believe in enriching lives through architecture.
What You Will Do
- Be passionate about design and architecture
- Be friendly, optimistic, and a team player
- Excel in verbal and digital communication
- Mentor, provide direction and leadership to individual design team members
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Provide design and sustainability guidance to owner and internal team
- Be a key participant in both leading our K‑12 market and creating the foundation of our Iowa City studio
- 10+ years of experience in an architecture design firm
- Architectural License is required
- Demonstrate passion for design thinking
- Commitment to a community-driven process including unique engagement with stakeholders, teachers, students, and community members, and design for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Outstanding graphic presentation and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate expertise exploring and integrating sustainable design strategies
- Strong leadership, communication, relationship management and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D modeling and documentation tools including Revit, Sketchup, and Adobe Suite
- General knowledge of the total project process including team management, schedule, and budget
INVISION is a progressive and award-winning 80+ person, planning, architecture and interior design firm with two studios in Iowa – Des Moines and Waterloo. We are currently in the process of opening an Iowa City studio and looking for leaders in our focus markets to support the work of our eastern Iowa clients. We are large enough to work on almost any project type but small enough to give our staff the opportunity to become involved in projects from concept through construction. Our K‑12 market has seen significant growth in the past 5 years, mostly stemming from our planning and bond referendum work. We have won design awards at state, regional and national levels which speaks to the quality of work at INVISION. We are conscientious toward sustainability and work hard to understand how design impacts the places we touch. We work in a collaborative studio environment that embraces leadership, flexibility, communication, opportunity, creativity, fun and smart thinking. We believe this environment encourages the spirit from which great architecture and architects are made.
INVISION is an equal opportunity employer.
Upload and submit your information below.
If you have questions, contact Callie at email@example.com.