Data Visualization - Summer Intern
Type of Position: Summer Internship
Position Location: Waterloo or Des Moines
Education Requirement: Enrolled in a secondary institution
Experience Requirement: Entry-Mid Level with a statistics background
This position is an opportunity for an emerging Data Analyst to provide research, data analysis, and evaluation support to an Architecture firm. We are looking for candidates who are excited to take ownership of data to solve problems. INVISION is excited to partner with the perfect applicant to elevate our data mining process and data-driven decision-making. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and maintain data flows, interpret data, and analyze results using statistical techniques to provide assistance in architectural space planning.
- Assist Architectural project teams on a wide range of tasks evaluating client and project data to ensure well informed design decisions (work will include analysis of multiple facilities and providing digestible data conclusions)
- Create a working Power Bi program that will be user-friendly firm wide
- Data visualization and formatting presentations
- Currently enrolled in a statistical analysis/data science-based major
- Computer and software skills, including all Microsoft Office applications
- Must have Power Bi experience or willingness to learn
- Experience with creating data sets and maintaining information
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
INVISION is a progressive and award-winning 70+ person, planning, architecture and interior design firm with two offices in Iowa – Des Moines and Waterloo. Our 109-year history supports a solid foundation for our engaged and innovative design teams. Our focus is on building lasting relationships while designing great spaces that help our clients succeed. INVISION supports a culture of balance. We work in a collaborative studio environment that embraces leadership, flexibility, communication, opportunity, creativity, fun and smart thinking. We believe this environment encourages growth and development in our staff.
INVISION is an equal opportunity employer.
Upload and submit your information below.
If you have questions, contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org.