We are looking for a designer to lead our team in sustainable design. The goal is to advance INVISION’s sustainability program, so the candidate must be passionate about advancing sustainability in the architectural practice. This position will be located in our Des Moines studio, our Waterloo studio, or may be remote.
Competencies, skills and abilities:
- Provide firmwide leadership in sustainable practices and firm culture
- Implement innovative sustainable design strategies and methodologies
- Engage with staff, clients and consultants to develop strategies for achieving sustainability goals for building design, construction and/or operations
- Become knowledgeable with energy modeling software and train others
- Review specifications to align with sustainable practices, work with specification writer
- Research new tools and methods for use on projects and workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of Revit preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- LEED certified
- Familiar with WELL building standard
- Bachelor’s degree required in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ minimum experience in the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry
INVISION is a 70+ person planning, architecture and interior design firm with two offices in Iowa — Des Moines and Waterloo. Our 100+-year history is a solid foundation for our engaged and innovative design teams. Our focus is on building relationships while designing great spaces that help our clients succeed. In short, we are about people, projects and recognition — in support of our clients.
INVISION is an equal opportunity employer.
Upload and submit your information below.
If you have questions, contact Callie at email@example.com.